1) Ladurée SoHo: We can’t think of a better place to Instagram one of Ladurée’s famed pastries than their newly opened garden. The Ladurée chefs’ gorgeous offerings give that Parisian touch to the sunlit space. If you have a sweet tooth, try the St Honore Rose Framboise paired with a Thé Fume Lapsang Souchong to drink.
2) Gran Electrica: Head down to the heart of DUMBO for Brooklyn’s Gran Electrica, serving light Mexican fare. The outdoor patio is worth waiting for on weekends. Carne asada y huevos with a side of horchata is a wonderful way to start the morning.
3) Palma: Stucco walls covered in ivy and surrounded by beautifully ornamented tables, stacked with candles and flowers—need we say more? Palma’s outdoor space serves a classic brunch in the center of the West Village. Keep it healthy with a fresh spinach frittata and a bellini.
4) Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar at Mondrian Soho: Isola’s garden may be indoors, but the glass ceilings and walls let the light in—rain or shine. Lush plants and decadent chandeliers fill the restaurant, which serves regional Italian fare. Be ready for the day with a Tonno BLT and a Monstro Verde.
5) Montmartre: This French bistro in Chelsea has a small garden perfect for a casual brunch. The intimate space is softly lit and seats just the right amount of people. Chicken and waffles paired with steaming hot coffee is a winning combination.
6) Maison Premiere: Serving a bevy of Blue Bottle Coffee, tea and cocktails for brunch, Maison Premiere in Williamsburg has all the spunk of its Brooklyn neighborhood. If you’re currently crushing on cauliflower, try the cauliflower velouté with lemon cream.